Thursday, February 28, 2008

Beautiful things come in small Packages!!!

"Jolly!!!". he shouthed from outside my closed door. Had it not been for his childlike voice which quite gave him away, I would have mistaken him to be my grandfather, hollering at me for being late to attend to the door. And then like a Lord he strode in, full 2 feet and 4 inches, walked up to the sofa and settled down with the remore, he needed to watch hs fav channel you see!
Thats Gablu for you, months away from his third birthday, the lord of all he surveys...his size immaterial. Running into my house even as I open the door when I get back from work is his birthright. Today he was delayed and missed his usual entry, and that was precisely the reason for his indignant holler...
I got busy with my usual chores and for a moment had forgotten all about Gablu, who, when I left him, was intently enjoying the Tom and Jerry show. I turned round to find him right behind me, watching me as I grated the coconut..."Dong"...he said...now 'dong' was the alarm bell to indicate that Gablu was cool no more! " What's it baby?" I asked....Gablu took time to swallow his anger and then answer me...'when someone comes home....". he dragged his words, with short little snorts, all body language telling me how angry he was, "you have to give them something to eat!" I couldnt hold back my giggles as I dished him his favourite chips, at the big lesson that I learnt from my little master today!!!

No comments: