Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A postscript to' Friends Indeed'

Guilt at having forgotten two superb friends wouldnt let me rest in peace and so this postscript. Mythili, my friend of 30 odd years. We met at the school where I had just begun my teaching career.She came in to do her B.Ed practice, I was assigned the task to judge her performance. We built an instant rapport,though older to me by 7 years, she neither looked old nor behaved old. Today she is in London, my mentor and guide in all my teaching assignments,when we do meet up its like as if time has stood still. Very protective and caring, would never be able to find a friend like her.
Turni, am imp of a girl, put her into a uniform, she could still pass off as a school going kid is one friend I made on the train whom I hold very close to my heart. Have been pillars of support to each other every time there was the need, She is one girl I can talk to for hours and not get bored. My list of friends is still incomplete, have not written about loads of people who have left their imprint on my life...even though not mentioned, their memories I hold very close to my heart.

No comments: