Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Age is just a vague number

Age is not in the years we have walked the earth, it is in the mind, and I do believe in this adage. Have been a teacher for donkeys years so to say. and dont seem to have grown a single day since the day I began teaching. The youthfulness of the crowd I breathe with for the best part of the day I think never lets me grow old.The child in me never died ever. Just a while ago a good friend of mine commented on my previous blog, saying that I sounded like a kid opening a parcel that came to me all out of the blue, but thats exactly how I felt at that moment. An excited kid tearing up the stairs to get into my room to open the parcel.
My recent visit ti Chennai to meet my classmates at the 25th alumni meet, I realized how we only suppress the child in us, with all the worldly cares and responsibilities that life brings on us. We were like wild teenagers for that one day, no cares in the world.It made me sit up and and think that life is too short too waste away with tears and cares, let the child in me live till the day I die.

2 comments:

spicymist said...

yeah child is someone we dont want to be when we are one, want one when we realise we can't be children again and want to turn the clock and be one again when our own child grows up :P i don't agree. we can always nurture the child in us! it may not be a 24x7 thing, but just say 5 mins a day, we just clap with joy when we hear our fav song, or blow bubbles or sit on swings or even play with small children!! thats all it takes to stay in touch with that small child within us

Anonymous said...

:)
Loved your straight from the heart rambling...looking forward to the posts of an eternal kid!

cheers,