Saturday, July 12, 2008

Rain rain dont go away...

The pitter patter outside my window is like a monotone that every Mumbaite begins to get used to in this season. This year the rains came much before time, the torrents came pouring even before we could gear up to this onslaught.
I love the rains here, there is an amazing tinge of romance in the air, I remember the times I was not working, and would look forward to G's shift changes in work schedule, that would allow the two of us to hit the roads, on our bullet, with the blast of the rain on our faces. Poor Pablo could never enjoy these outings, for one he was too small and could fall ill, and secondly, this was one time when I really felt three was crowd, much to G's relief. He was sick of the fact that Pablo always came as a package deal with me, he could never get me alone ever since the birth of Pablo.
The rains came and took away my dear bro one year, on the day of his shraddh, it rained like there was a hole in the sky, it was poetic justice, tears streamed down my face with the same force as the rains lashed everything outside. Stangely, I hold no grouse with the rains that took away my bro, it was meant to be that way, we had to live with out him, and we are, living...
Today, I walked down through pouring rain from the bus stand to my home on my way back from college. My umbrella gave way and I thanked it for its consideration. I wanted to soak in the rain today, and the umbrella was crowd today. I walked down slowly, often turning my face towards the sky to feel the sharp pin pricks of rain water on my face. Curious onlookers slowed down their vehicles to give me a lift home, I ignored all royally. Funnily, I didnot miss G and his bike rides, the walk in the rain was more tangible, more real than the bike rides. Sorry G, I think u are a part of my distant past. We live, we grow, we adjust...and we move on...love the rains always.
I type this as I drink a cup of hot chocolate, my hair wet, falling on my shoulders and making little wet spots on myTee, my skin scrubbed and looking baby soft...love u rain, will always do so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jolly,

I am Richa from SiliconIndia. I am also an avid blogger for a while now and participating actively in Indian blogosphere. I read your blog posting and found them very interesting and informative. We would love to see a copy of your blogs posted here, whenever you are posting it on blogger.com. Here are some of the benefits of posting your blogs here:

We have a strong community of 500,000 Indian professionals
Best blogs of 2008 to be published in a book "SiliconIndia bLoG PrinT"
Best blog to be printed in SliconIndia & SmartTechie magazines each month
Chance to be featured on homepage everyday


We appreciate your community initiative here and in helping build a more powerful India! Also, if you have any ideas or want to volunteer to help for SiliconIndia, we would be more than excited to get your help. Pls mail me back at richa@siliconindia.com with your suggestions and feedback.

Richa
Blog Editor- SiliconIndia